Monday, April 25, 2005

A strange revelation

Remember when you were a kid, and you got hurt, and your Daddy held you so close and tight, and the pain suddenly subsided within seconds? There was no place like being in Daddy's arms when I was hurt. There was nothing stronger than Daddy's arms and being close on his chest with tears running down my cheek. It felt like nothing could permeate my Dad's loving grip on me. Tonight, two of my kids came crying to me with various hurts most likely due to falling on Barbie or dropping a Rescue Hero on a tiny toe....................... and I held them close and I suddenly noticed the cries and tears stopped within seconds.............could it be that my kids feel the same way about me? Me, the worrier..........the one that needs to be reminded that God is in control on a daily basis?.............pretty incredible, but I know it to be true. I am thankful today that I am a Daddy to the 3 most precious children I have ever known. I am thankful that my chest causes their tears to stop. I can't wait for them to experience the comfort and peace that comes from their Heavenly Daddy's arms.

5 Comments:

Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

I loved this post. This was a classic Chris Doggett. I have learned so much from you about how to be caring and concerned about things that matter. That's true whether you know it or not. I'm thankful for you, bro.

May 12, 2005 at 8:43 AM  
Blogger Stephen Bailey said...

It's like some secret that you don't find out about until it happens to you. I wonder if our dad's could have written this same thing back in the day.
I don't mean to bring the room down or anything, but you also made me think of all the kids who do not have their dad's around. I'm thankful for my dad and encouraged by guys like you to be a better dad myself.

May 17, 2005 at 7:24 AM  
Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

I demand a new post!! The people have spoken! Write, nacha, write!

May 18, 2005 at 7:33 AM  
Blogger JKMeeks said...

Chris Doggett, This is Katie Etheredge from Sedora. Do those sweet liitle children know that there daddy can rock on the drums. I will testify to the many nights we jumped on the bed to your rock and roll. Jeremy and I are expecting our first in August and it is an amazing and overwhelming thing to think of someone having that much faith in me. I am the worrier too! I read your blog about maverick. J and I went through the same loss with our dog Sam who had a major seizure, we had to do the same trip to the vet and we still miss his smell, his sweet temperment, your blog brought me to tears. I have thought the same thing about our local family the Bourlands, if they lost their child and I just lost my dog, how do they cope. Well just wanted to let you know you have other avid blog readers, so keep us the post!

May 18, 2005 at 8:22 AM  
Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

your link on my blog: going....going.....

June 15, 2005 at 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home