Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Notes on being Thirtysomething

This blog goes out to the people that read my blog............all 3 of you.

Today I woke up and I was middle aged.............all of the sudden. Some reasons I feel this way:

Grey hairs are popping up (slowly mind you, but they are surfacing).
My nose hair grows faster than the hair on my head.
Staying home has become the preferred option.
I have seen 2 movies at the theatre in the past yr.
I think a lot about life insurance, 401Ks, private school vs. public school, begonias vs. geraniums, etc.
I have read "Goodnight Moon" over 10 million times.
I get "yes sir'd" by the young punk working the check out line at the grocery store.
The music that I hear on "classic rock stations" isn't classic to me....it's still quite fresh.
I yell at young punks to "SLOW DOWN" when they drive down our street uncautiously.
Studying my family tree is appealing to me.
Studying about WWII is apealing to me.
I am becoming my Dad............which is not a bad thing by the way.
Our wedding photos look very dated.
Craig Fisher's glasses that he wore in college make me giggle out loud when I see a picture of them............man, them critters were big, Fish.
I think I pulled a hamstring mulching my flowerbeds the other day.

8 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

Comments to you:

You are old, all of my college are old.
Do you have hair growing on your toes?
I hate thinking about all that insurance crap?
You can be in my bookclub since you have read GOODNIGHT MOON so many times. You get a nice shirt.
Did you use the word "fresh"?
I told my boss that I am becoming a grumpy old man.
At least I was at your wedding.
With your peanut head, I think you should wear the glasses i wore in college.
Stretch before you plant flowers.
Are you old if you only blog once every 6 months?

June 28, 2005 at 9:24 PM  
Blogger Stephen Bailey said...

Welcome my brother, welcome.
My cholesterol is dangerously high.
While playing golf last week I discovered tendonitus in BOTH elbows.
Younger people think it's cute (not cool) that I like Napoleon Dynamite.
I'm glad we can experience this together.

June 29, 2005 at 6:19 AM  
Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

HA! Loved it. You figured it out! Good for you. Yeah--I am surrounded by younger people who like to point out how old they were (usually elementary school or younger) when we all graduated from ACU. Are we really old? I don't feel that old in my mind. But--I look around at three kids, a house, a yard, a mortgage, and responsibilities and I wonder what happened to that freak of nature with the Egyptian dance shoes.

June 29, 2005 at 7:41 AM  
Blogger JKMeeks said...

Chris-
I would just like to point out that you have four avid blog readers, and I along with BST, am glad you figured out how to post. I remember your wedding too, but only because I could have been the flower girl...ha! But dont worry, you are still cool Chris Doggett to me! You know your old when your little next door neighbor is having babies!

June 30, 2005 at 8:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Katie, to think that you are having babies is crazy......now I REALLY feel old! To know that there is a 4th AVID reader of my blog is great! Did you hear that boys............someone else reads my blog! Katie, it seems to me that you are due for another post in your blog....

Tell you parents hello for me. Also, how is Amy? Tell her hello as well

July 3, 2005 at 2:34 PM  
Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

now that you know how--I want MORE MORE MORE of the Dog house.

July 6, 2005 at 9:01 AM  
Blogger Val said...

Make that five, old-timer.

July 11, 2005 at 7:23 AM  
Blogger Keith Brenton said...

Six! And I just turned fifty. Take glucosamine. I'm not a doctor. That'll be six-fifty.

July 21, 2005 at 7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home