Wednesday, July 27, 2005

A Day For The Memory Bank

I love my kids so much that I can't explain it. So often we hear our elders reminding us with young children, "they'll be grown before you know it - enjoy every minute" or "you look up and they will be gone".........I know this to be true, but this ridiculously fast paced world makes it so incredibly hard to "stop" and treasure each moment.

Today, Taylor went to work with me. She has been wanting to come to work with me for the whole summer. We did it once last year and it was great. Today was one of the best days of my worklife. Memories were made that will never fade. I truly believe that she thinks that everyday in my world 1) everyone is nice in the commercial real estate industry and wants to buy a building from me, 2) you get hot chocolate at Starbucks first thing in the morning, 3) eat at your favorite restaurant for lunch, 3) get ice cream mid-day, and 4) play on the computer at the office. Neverthess, I think it was good for her to be with Daddy for a day.

Today and tonight I truly treasured the moments with my children. Being with Taylor today, and snuggling with Colton and Lexi until they were asleep tonight and thinking about how special it was during that moment...........you literally can't get any better than that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Bailey said...

Good day. There's a song from BIG: The Musical called "Stop, Time" where Josh Baskin's mom is singing about those moments when you just want to stop time and keep your kids from growing. I always tell Rainey when I go out of town not to get too big while I'm gone. Let's keep encouraging each other to be aware and not miss it.

July 28, 2005 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger Craig said...

It is about time we heard from The Iceman again. Aren't we lucky and blessed to have our great children? Thanks for sharing. Can I go to work with you too? I like hot chocolate. I did not know you had 3 kids.

July 28, 2005 at 3:15 PM  
Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

YEAAAAA! A post from my favorite dog! Loved the mental picture of Taylor there with you.

August 4, 2005 at 8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home