Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Pet Peeves

Not necessary in any order.............each one just seems to suck the life out of me.......

1. Very bright red lipstick
2. The smell of maple syrup on kids' hands after they have just eaten pancakes.....even a bath doesn't knock it out.
3. Unnecessary traffic
4. Speaking or waving to someone and getting absolutely no form of acknowledgement.
5. The smell of Acquanet hairspray (don't even know if it is still around, but if it is on someone's dome, I will smell it and start dry heaving.)
6. Cheetos finger stains
7. The heel of your sock not being in the right spot, thus hanging over the side of your shoe.
8. Unecessary phone chat.
9. Unecessary whining.
10. Not showing up on time.
11. The people in front of you at the drive thru ATM that feel a need to camp out in the drive lane AFTER they have received their cash.
12. Trying to get 3 kids in their car seats when your crunched for time.
13. Wandering aimlessly in a mall with no objective.
14. The decision to replace the Texas Rangers red uniforms with blue.
15. When people double-park their cars because they think that they are so much more important than you will ever be.
16. The mall parker who will wait 4 minutes and hold up one-way traffic for a parking spot 4 stalls closer to the entrance. Do they not realize that they will be walking all throughout the mall?
17. An appetizer tray consisting of only cold seafood.
18. Trying to find my car keys, wallet, and cell phone when I am running out the door ( a daily occurrence for me).
19. A t-shirt that rides really high on your neck.
20. A foodserver at a restaurant who doesn't "get it"....i.e, you have to ask for drink refills, they don't check on your food, they don't bring you that side of ranch that you asked for 8 times...

For those that know me well, I know that you can probably add to this list. Feel free to add them in!

10 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Bailey said...

Two posts in a week?!?!?!?!? What's the deal? It makes me very happy!
I don't want to add to your list, but I do want to address the one's that made me grit my teeth.
1. What grosses me out is the lipstick stain on drinking glasses, straws and cigarettes. I'm not a big lipstick guy.
3. "Onlookers" who slow down traffic should be prosecuted.
8. Here's an idea, if you call me, have something to say. It makes it so much more interesting for me. Have a point and get to it. People who call to "chit-chat" should be gathered up and forced to live together on an island somewhere far away from the rest of us who don't give a big rats fanny about what they have to say.
11. ATM's. It's not rocket science. Be prepared, get in, get out and do whatever business you can do without the machine AWAY from the machine. Idiot's!
13. I hate the mall.
16. Research has proven that these are the same idiot's who piss me off at the ATM's (sorry about the language, but Day-um!).
20. I just like this one because when it happens I think of you.
Have a nice day.

August 4, 2005 at 7:55 AM  
Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Number 20 rocks...and I also think of you. What the heck is the deal with a side of ranch dressing anyway? You'd think there was a world shortage. It is the SINGLE MOST forgotten thing. And...now I've gotten to where I'll say something like, "I'd like a side of rach with that please, and it seems that that is ALWAYS forgotten" just trying to bring light to the situation. STILL--forgotten. 9 times out of 10. For the love.

August 4, 2005 at 8:43 AM  
Blogger Craig said...

Things really bother you? You were so calm and unbothered by things when we lived together. What gives? Why the change?

1.especially when men wear it
2.I smell it every day....elementary principal.
3.That is why I moved to waco.
4.absolute rudeness,it takes one second to wave.
5.I will wear it to see you dry heave.
6.I like it when it gets caked under the fingernail and is impossible to lick off.
7.I put my socks on correctly and do not have this problem.
8.quit calling me.
9.once again quit calling me.
10.amen.
11.sorry I take so long at the ATM, jerk.
12.what will happen when #4 comes along?
13.actually like the mall, people watching, mallrats.
14.AMEN.
15.Hello, people that overspend on their cars should be allowed to double park, come on.
16.For the love...
17.I have major texture issues there as well.
18.Just quit losing them.
19. Turtlenecks are the worst thing ever to wear.
20.Thanks for shutting down Po Folks.

It may be difficult but I challenge you to come up with more.

August 4, 2005 at 8:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

just read all three of your comments..........wish would could have read these aloud to one another in person........BST, I can just see you making that comment at your local Chili's and getting no response from you cheery foodserver......Bailey, your number 16 made me lose it because I am still laughing about BST's small group "DAY-UM" moment hourly! Fish, the Po Folks comment capped it off.

Where are the rest of the faithful Dog House bloggers?........

August 5, 2005 at 12:48 PM  
Blogger JKMeeks said...

Ok...now you are getting a little greedy when you are asking for comments from your readers. I cant even begin to comment on the list because the most amusement I have reading this is watching you guys comment on each others blogs. BUT with that said...#1 Your next door neighbor playing the drums incessently when you are five years old and trying to go to bed...for the love! JK!!

August 6, 2005 at 8:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh come on, Katie......you loved it! I wish I would have had my drums in college so I could have played them at naptime for BST, Craig, and Stephen........(you see Katie, they didn't really have a bedtime - but that is another story for another time)......just think, boys, just about when you would be in a deep slumber, I would bust out the opening of Sunday Bloody Sunday......again.....you would have loved it as much as Katie did.........

August 8, 2005 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger Chriswab said...

Great page !!! Greatings from Germany- Bottrop!!!

August 8, 2005 at 2:19 PM  
Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

HAAAAAAAAAAAA I am cracking up at these random ads on your site. What the???

August 11, 2005 at 9:22 AM  
Blogger Shanta said...

Chris Doggett! I love that you have a blog! I stumbled onto it from Mike Cope, then BST- (you run with some fancy peeps!) I must say, I'm impressed. First, new non-tapered jeans, now this. You are in the fast lane. Keep it up! I loved the sweet entry about Taylor at your office. p.s. Ken and I are addicted to your kids too!

October 3, 2005 at 10:21 AM  
Blogger Stephen Bailey said...

Dog, your blog is awesome. I read it everyday.

May 21, 2007 at 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home